Free parking for the Red River District (RRD) is available in the Eldorado Parking Garage. The garage elevator drops visitors off at the east entrance of the Red River District. This parking option also provides handicapped accessibility to the Red River District.
There is no smoking within 25 feet of city buildings. Unless otherwise posted, consumption of alcoholic beverages is not allowed in the open areas of the RRD. The use of skateboards and other skating devices is prohibited.
The Red River District is owned by the City of Shreveport, with property management provided by Lea Hall Properties. For information on spaces and rental rates, contact Lea Hall Properties.
SPAR/City of Shreveport
The Red River District management hosts free events in the Red River District throughout the year to attract the young and young at heart:
- Free Fridays Forever is a weekly concert in the Red River District that showcases some of the best local entertainment available.
- Last Saturday is a family-friendly event that features artists and local vendors selling their handmade wares as well as live entertainment and activities for the kids. Hungry? Eat at one of our delicious restaurants or check out the featured food truck of the month.
- Mardi Gras is celebrated in the Red River District with a big pre-parade party before each of the two largest Mardi Gras parades in the Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas region. Street performers, vendors, live music and kids' activities are sure to get the good times rolling under the Texas Street Bridge.
Walk of Stars
The Greater Shreveport Walk of Stars is located in the historic Red River Entertainment District. The Walk of Stars was created to recognize individuals from Northwest Louisiana who are distinguished in their professional and/or civic endeavors, who have brought recognition and attention to the area, and who have been involved in those activities for at least five years.
The honorees may come from any profession or industry including, but not limited to, athletics, music, acting, business, politics, education, and community service.
From Eddie Robinson to Elvis Presley, and Bill Joyce to Hank Williams, the Walk of Stars is a true reflection of the influence Northwest Louisiana has had on the music, entertainment and sports industries.
Red River District management also helps several local not for profit organizations implement additional free annual events:
- Community Renewal presents their annual Day of Caring with a free picnic for the public and free children's activities.
- Paint Your Heart Out, the City of Shreveport's annual volunteer event, celebrates their day of working out in the community with an after party in the RRD.
- The ArkLaTex Music Heritage Festival kicks off in August with a free three-day celebration of all that makes the local music scene unique to the area.
On Small Business Saturday, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the Red River District participates in the Downtown Shreveport celebration and support of Shreveport's small businesses and locally owned shops.
During the holiday season come listen to live entertainment while checking off items on your Christmas list with unique gifts that are bound to surprise and delight.